CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RESOURCES
Across America and throughout the world, everyone is feeling the impact of the coronavirus outbreak. This crisis continues to alter our daily lives and affect our loved ones. It is critically important that we take the necessary steps to limit the spread of this disease, especially for our elderly populations. We should all be practicing social distancing and avoiding large social gatherings. High risk groups are depending on populations of low-risk people to aide in curbing the spread of this deadly virus. Avoiding public spaces, staying indoors and avoiding contact with others can help to slow the spread of the virus and protect those who are most vulnerable among us.
According to Florida Health, adults 60 and older and those with underlying medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and lung disease are more likely to develop serious illness.
Note: Information on this page changes often. For the latest information as it becomes available, please visit www.cdc.gov or local, county, and state agency websites.
If you think you have been exposed to COVID‑19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
If necessary, testing will be provided regardless of ability to pay.
Adults 60 and older and those with underlying medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and lung disease are more likely to develop serious illness.
WHO TO CALL WITH CONCERNS?
24 Hour Broward County Dept. of Health Hotline
Broward County Department of Health
24 Hour Miami-Dade Dept. of Health Hotline
Miami-Dade County Department of Health
Protecting ourselves from the spread of COVID-19 is essential. Following official guidelines for personal hygiene and social distancing should be a high priority for everyone.
DRIVE-THRU TESTING LOCATIONS
The map below shows drive-thru testing locations in the state of Florida (via Local 10 News).
BROWARD COUNTY TESTING LOCATIONS
CB Smith Park (park-and-ride lot)
900 N Flamingo Road
Daily, 7:30am to 5:30pm
For an appointment, call 954-276-4680.
Festival Flea Market
2900 W. Sample Road
Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 7:00pm
For more information and appointments, call 954-320-5730.
Cleveland Clinic Weston’s Krupa Center
3250 Meridian Pkwy
Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
For an appointment, call 954-659-5951 or 855-697-3750.
MIAMI-DADE COUNTY TESTING LOCATIONS
Hard Rock Stadium
347 Don Shula Drive
Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
Doris Ison Health Center
10300 SW 216 Street
Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 12:00pm
For an appointment, call 305-252-4820.
A State of Emergency Declared for Florida by Governor Ron DeSantis, via Executive Order 20–52
Through this emergency declaration and several executive orders, the Governor has suspended various services and activated several agencies to deal with the Coronavirus Pandemic and its spread throughout Florida.
- The Florida Department of Emergency Management has been tasked with coordinating the state’s response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.
- The Florida National Guard has been mobilized to assist and aide in setting up mobile/drive-through testing sites.
- The Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) announced that all K-12 schools and career and technical center campuses are to remain closed through April 15th, 2020 – http://www.fldoe.org/newsroom/latest-news/florida-department-of-education-announces-additional-guidance-for-the-2019-20-school-year.stml
- All Florida driver licenses, commercial driver licenses and identification cards that were set to expire in the next 30 days have been extended. All Florida driver licenses, commercial driving licenses and identification cards set to expire in the next 30 days will be granted a 30-day extension beyond their current expiration date. https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/emergency/flhsmv_dl_eo_covid19_031520.pdf
- Operations restrictions of certain bars, pubs, nightclubs, and restaurants include suspension of alcoholic beverage sales for 30 days, effective at 5pm, March 17, 2020. via Executive Order 20–68, http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/os/documents/EO%2020_68.pdf
- Gov. DeSantis has banned nursing home visits – https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-news/florida-bans-nursing-home-visits-as-coronavirus-spreads
- The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program is currently available to small business owners located in all Florida counties statewide that experienced economic damage as a result of COVID-19. – https://floridadisasterloan.org/?fbclid=IwAR1veQWMY-foXqK8JGKMbcN7PxehkkPaYU2odPAbg6GKouiqOszAg-BhmYs
Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Commissioner Nikki Fried Activates 2-1-1 Call/Text Line for Free Children’s Meals During COVID-19 – https://www.fdacs.gov/News-Events/Press-Releases/2020-Press-Releases/Commissioner-Nikki-Fried-Activates-2-1-1-Call-Text-Line-for-Free-Children-s-Meals-During-COVID-19
- Free Meal for Kids and Teens are available at Summer BreakSpot locations while Florida schools are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Find a location here: https://summerbreakspot.freshfromflorida.com/
- The Florida Forest Service has postponed public outreach programs, group events and tours. – https://www.fdacs.gov/News-Events/Press-Releases/2020-Press-Releases/Florida-Forest-Service-Closes-Campgrounds-Halts-Tours-in-Response-to-COVID-19
FPL has suspended service disconnections due to over overdue bills through the end of March – https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241245061.html
HOSPITAL VISITATION RESTRICTIONS
(certain hospitals are exercising visitation restrictions to protect patients and reduce to Coronavirus spread)
- Visitors will be welcomed from 8:00 am to 11:00 am and 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm, seven days a week.
- Each patient is allowed one visitor per day, and it must be the same person during the established morning and evening hours.
- Pediatric and maternity patients may have up to two visitors per day.
- Visitors who are experiencing cold or flu symptoms should refrain from visiting patients.
- Visitors who have traveled to China, Japan, South Korea, Italy or Iran in the last 14 days or have been in close contact with someone who has traveled to these countries are asked to defer their hospital visits.
BROWARD COUNTY NOTICES
Broward County Government – https://www.broward.org/coronavirus/Pages/default.aspx
Broward County Public Schools – https://news.browardschools.com/
- Schools closed beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 through April 15, 2020.
- Broward County Public Schools will distribute computer devices for students in need beginning Friday, March 20, between 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. Parents/guardians should visit their child’s school to check-out the devices.
- Food for Students in Broward County While Schools Are Closed – Meals will be provided to ALL BCPS students and families next week during regular school day closures. For info, see: https://bit.ly/33kYBKB
Broward County Courts
- Broward Courthouse is closed to the public for 2 weeks, beginning Monday, March 16, 2020
- All jury and jury operations for the 17th Judicial Circuit have been suspended until further notice.
- Suspension of Evictions – Effective March 17th, Broward County Chief Judge Jack Tuter has suspended the processing of all evictions until further notice
Seventeenth Judicial Circuit – http://www.17th.flcourts.org/coronavirus-covid-19-updates/
Broward County Clerk of Courts – https://www.browardclerk.org/GeneralInformation/Miscellaneous#CoronavirusUpdates
MIAMI-DADE COUNTY NOTICES
Miami-Dade County Government – http://www.miamidade.gov/global/initiatives/coronavirus/home.page
- Suspension of Evictions – https://twitter.com/MiamiDadePD/status/1238106629352165381?s=20
Miami-Dade County Public Schools – http://covid19.dadeschools.net/#!/fullWidth/3024
- Schools closed beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 through April 15, 2020.
- Food for Students in Miami-Dade County While Schools Are Closed – Schools will provide hot grab-and-go meals, prepared by @MDCPS food service personnel, from 9 am-12:30 pm. Students can report to their school or neighborhood school to collect meals. Distribution will take place in an area along the external perimeter of the building. https://twitter.com/MDCPS/status/1239506199126650880?s=20
- Miami-Dade Courthouses are closed to the public.
- All grand jury proceedings, jury selection proceedings, and criminal and civil jury trials are suspended during the time period beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, through Friday, March 27, 2020.
Eleventh Judicial Circuit – https://www.jud11.flcourts.org/Court-Announcements
Miami-Dade County Clerk of Courts – http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/
Rep. Shevrin Jones Leads Coronavirus Teleconference with Broward Leaders
On Monday, March 16th, 2020, Florida State Representative Shevrin Jones and other members of the Broward Legislative Delegation met via teleconference with Florida Division of Emergency Management Director Jared Moskowitz, Deputy Chief of Staff to Governor DeSantis Adrian Lukas, leaders of the Broward Heath and Memorial Healthcare hospital districts, Broward County Vice Mayor Steve Geller, local municipal officials, and the League of Cities regarding Coronavirus preparedness and local response.