Intern with Shev
Shevrin Jones for State Senate Internship Program
Shevrin Jones for State Senate is seeking bright, energetic individuals to work with our grassroots campaign.
- Status: Part-time & Full-time Available
- Location: South Florida (Broward & Miami-Dade counties)
- Start Date: November 4, 2019
- Application Deadline: October 30, 2019
The Shevrin Jones for State Senate Internship Program is meant to provide meaningful political campaign and political organizing experience to college students or anyone interested in working behind the scenes on a political campaign. If you believe that Rep. Jones is the best person to lead Senate District 35 and Florida into the future this is the opportunity for you.
Responsibilities will vary based on which department each intern is assigned. However, interns can expect to learn and advance their critical thinking skills, research skills, communication skills, and database management skills you will gain an understanding of how political campaigns operate, and so much more.
- Commitment to working a minimum of 10 hours per week, maximum of 15 hours per week
- Candidates should be reliable, organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Candidates should possess an interest in politics and political campaigns (highly preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications and computer usage, including but not limited to Internet and social media
- Candidates should have an active, professional and courteous social media presence and possess the ability to maintain the campaign’s professional decorum at all times
- Willingness to learn various campaign tools, including voter database software
- Willingness to communicate directly with voters via phone and door to door contact
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (preferred)
Opportunities are now open for our Winter Cohort.